Down Syndrome International would like to say a very big THANK YOU to everyone who took part in the 11th World Down Syndrome Congress (WDSC 2012) from 14-18 August 2012. The Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC), Cape Town, South Africa proved to be a fantastic venue and so much knowledge, information, experience, best practice and understanding was shared over the 5 days.
In particular we would like to thank our hosts Down Syndrome South Africa who did an incredible job, WDSC 2012 Organising Committees, SBS Conferences, the CTICC, Government of South Africa, all of our sponsors and suppliers and all of our speakers and performers.
But most importantly a big thank you to all of our delegates, especially the large number of self-advocates who were able to attend both the Indaba and the Congress, and to our large online following, for whom we hope we gave you some sense of the events as they unfolded.
WDSC 2012 included:
- World Down Syndrome Congress from 15-17 August 2012;
- Indaba of Persons with Down Syndrome on 14 August;
- Down Syndrome Medical Interest Group Meeting on 14 August;
- Post Congress Workshops on Education and Employment on 18 August.
Plus so much more….all for the first time on African soil!
If you would like to review WDSC 2012 in quotes, photos and video footage you can:
- LIKE US on Facebook World Down Syndrome Congress and scroll through speaker's quotes and photos;
- FOLLOW US on Twitter @WorldDSCongress;
- VISIT OUR CHANNEL on YouTube wdsc2012 for video extracts.
The theme of WDSC 2012 was the “BIG FIVE” - RIGHTS, HEALTH, SOCIAL PARTICIPATION, EDUCATION and EMPLOYMENT.
We hope that you enjoyed WDSC 2012 and we look forward to welcoming you to Chennai, India for the 12th World Down Syndrome Congress in 2015!